At Sweeney Law Offices, LLC, we are committed to maintaining the highest level of client care while balancing the health and safety of our clients. Per the various orders of the Governor of Pennsylvania and Pennsylvania Supreme Court, until April 30, 2020, Sweeney Law Offices, LLC will remain open remotely, we will be available to communicate with clients via telephone and, if necessary, video calls. We will have regular access to email, fax and U.S. Mail. Although our office location will be generally closed to the public, we have set up a drop box outside of our door, which will be checked daily, so that clients who do not have access to email or facsimile can continue to provide important documents to our office. Please note that we will also continue to accommodate the needs of new clients, who are welcome, and as always we encourage and appreciate referrals. During this uncertain and unprecedented time, please stay safe and remember that Sweeney Law Offices, LLC will remain by your side for all of your family’s legal needs.

Let Our Family Help Your Family

Dealing with child custody safety concerns

As a parent, you will do everything in your power to keep your children safe. This means that you would never want to put them in a position where their safety is compromised, especially when you are not there to protect them.

Even if the other parent of your child has visitation rights, you may worry that they are not responsible enough to adequately care for your child. Any concerns that you have about your child’s safety should be addressed to child custody courts. They will conduct a thorough investigation to ensure that your child is not at risk. The following are the things that you will need to do if you want to prevent the other parent from having visitation or custody.

Express your concerns to the judge

You may have reason to believe that you ex consumes alcohol in the presence of your children or that they get angered easily. You should explain the nature of your concerns to the judge to show that you are primarily concerned with your child’s well-being.

Provide evidence

You should always be able to provide evidence to back up your claims. Statements that your children have made, images of bruising, or evidence to show that the other parent was intoxicated would count as legitimate evidence to support your accusations.

File for a protective order

If you believe that your ex is a threat to your safety or the safety of your children, you should file for a protective order.

If you are worried about the safety of your children when they’re in the custody of their other parent, take immediate action to ensure that the situation is investigated.


FindLaw Network